I have lived a good life with many adventures and fantastic experiences. This adventure includes a journey of love and success defying significant odds.
The name, used in this blog, “Moiz Billah”, is what my grandfather called me as a child. The blog speaks to who I truly am- reflecting me in the mundane to the divine questions of living life.
My religion is moving beyond the safety of beliefs to experience. Talking about beliefs is like talking about sex and not having it. I want to be free.
The traditional view of religion views God as an entity outside to ourselves, someone who determines our destiny. Yet truth is a paradox. What if God is also happening? What if God is a Butterfly who wants to become a Caterpillar, and we are the ones who collectively determine the metamorphosis.
The most evident purpose of life is to live it as our nature dictates.
I hope that this blog provides an avenue to discuss what matters to you. We can pretend to discuss things over a cup of tea, coffee, or your choice of beverage….
Some posts you may wish to check out are:
- Is this Why some are Occupying Wall Street?
- Poetic Uproar
- Pristine Whore
- Justice- Not Charity. Dignity- Not Hand Outs: We are the 99%
- Universal Secrets of the Hajj (Mount Arafat, Adam & Eve, Ibrahim)
- The Caterpillar and the Butterfly
- The Opening
- The Arab Spring
- The New Economy: An Inspiration from Islam
- The Life Force– A Poem on the Purpose of Life
- Al-Fill: The Greater Jihad
- The Choice
- Wondrous Life
- Freedom in sunshine & storm
- Euthanasia and Sanctity of Life: Are they Opposites?
- My God has No Name
- Veiled Beauty
- Sigmund Freud on Religion